How to become an engineer
In high school, you must have passed the following courses:
- Mathematics TS or SN 5th or 536 or equivalent
- Chemistry 5th or 534 or equivalent
- Physics 5th or 534 or equivalent
Enroll at a Cegep in natural sciences, science, arts and literature, or you must hold a professional college diploma DEC (depending on the institution). At Cegep, you must pass the following courses or their equivalents:
- Computer science and mathematics (200.C0)
- Pure and applied science (200.B2)
- Natural sciences (200. B0)
- Earn an undergraduate degree in engineering (from an accredited university).
- Become candidate to the engineering profession (CEP).
- Acquire 24 months of relevant experience.
- Pass the professional examination.
- Obtain your engineer’s permit.